Julia Mascaro

Julia Mascaro, Features Editor

Julia is one of the many Mascaros to pass through BPHS. She is currently a senior and will be writing for Hawk Eye for her second year.

She took the journalism class again because Mr. Allemang is a great teacher and because she gets to express herself with her articles.

Julia usually writes about students’ art and creative things they make at school. In fact, Julia would like to major in art in college. She will be attending Slippery Rock University, where she will also play soccer.

In her free time, you can usually find Mascaro at your local Dunkin Donuts getting a vanilla iced coffee with cream and sugar. If she's not at Dunkin, you can find her on a soccer field somewhere. Julia has been involved with soccer for about eight years and will continue to play for a couple more. She plays for two teams: Century, which is a club team, and the girls varsity team. You can see her playing midfielder for both teams.

If Julia could visit anywhere in the world, she said, “I would go to Italy because my great grandparents are from there and it's a beautiful place. It would also be nice to go somewhere new.”

Also, if she had one superpower, she would like to be invisible. Her favorite TV shows are The Voice and World of Dance.

Julia is a very caring and kind-hearted girl. If you see her in the hall, you can usually see her with a bright smile on her face and you can hear her contagious laugh. If you ever get the chance to meet the fourth Mascaro, you are one lucky person!

All content by Julia Mascaro
Sara Pyszka is a Bethel grad and the author of the Just Be series.

Alumni Spotlight: Sara Pyszka

Julia Mascaro, Features Editor
May 20, 2019

BPSD battles bullying

Julia Mascaro, Feature Editor
April 4, 2019
Maddie Dziezgowski dribbles past a Shaler player during their game on Feb. 9, 2018.

[PHOTO] Diz commits to St. Bonnies

Lauren Mullen, Social Media Editor
April 3, 2019
Maddie Dziezgowski weighs her options in the Lady Hawks game vs. USC on Jan. 25.

[PHOTO] Lady Hawks begin a streak

Juliana Carbone, Deputy Photography Editor
December 21, 2018
Emily ODonnells costume STANDS OUT at the Ghoul Fest Dance.

Emily O’Donnell wows with wings

Julia Mascaro, Features Editor
November 1, 2018
SHOWING OFF THEIR FALL COLORS, trees line the river at Point State Park.

Fun fall festivities in Pittsburgh

Julia Mascaro, Staff Writer
September 26, 2018

How to heal a headache

Julia Mascaro, Staff Writer
April 1, 2018
Maddie Dziezgowski prepares for a layup during the Lady Hawks game vs. Baldwin on Monday, Jan. 5.

[PHOTO] Hawks handle Highlanders

Maria Cerro, Staff Writer
February 6, 2018
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All Hawk Eye Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
Activate Search
Julia Mascaro