Word Wednesday: Taradiddle (n)

STUMPED, junior Tommy DiRienzo offers good guesses but cannot come up with the meaning of taradiddle.

Logan Wright

This week’s “Word Wednesday” is taradiddle, which means 1.) a petty lie or 2.) pretentious nonsense.

We roamed the halls to see if students could tell us what it means.

About the Contributors
Parker Loera, Sports Editor

Your best bet on where you can find this writer is either on the mat or “hitting the links.” It’s his rookie year in journalism and he thinks he can bring a lot to the table in mostly the sports section.

“Integrity and spirit,” he said. These traits are maybe why his parents think he would “make a good journalist.”

Junior student athlete Parker Loera, the three spot on the golf team and all-county wrestler for your Black Hawks is usually in the gym or on the course and range after school. No surprise that his role model is Arnold Palmer considering his love for golf. Mr. Palmer is from Latrobe and Parker has written to him before, in which he actually got a reply from the man himself.

Those are not the only interesting facts about Parker. If he could have one superpower, it would be the ability to fly because it would be a lot, “easier to get places.”

Also if he could vacation anywhere in the world, it would be Croatia because he has heard it’s a “pretty nice place.”

Finally his perfect date with that special person would be, “a nice dinner and stargazing on the links.”

As you can see Parker is a very interesting and fun guy, and these are just some of the many reasons why he is going to be a good writer for the paper.

Written by:  Anthony Chiccitt, Staff Writer

Logan Wright, Staff Writer

The gym is loud. The crowd is cheering. The stands are filled with hundreds of fans. On Tuesdays and Fridays in the high school gym is where you will find Logan Wright playing basketball.

Logan Wright is a sophomore and in his second year writing for Hawk Eye. He joined this class by the recommendation of Mr. Knapp. Logan is planning on bringing fantastic sports articles to this year’s paper.

If you don’t see him working on his articles, you can probably find him in the gym practicing basketball. Logan is part of the high school basketball team coached by Josh Bears. After high school, Logan is planning on attending college, but he doesn’t plan on pursuing journalism.

If Logan could have any superpower, “I would like to be invisible, so no one could see me,” he said.

An ideal date for Logan would be “dinner and a movie.

If Logan could go on vacation to anywhere in the world, he said, “I would most likely go to Jamaica to see all the variety of colors.”

Make sure you check Hawk Eye after the sports games to read all of Logan’s great sports articles.

Written by Olivia Westphal

Makenzie Volpatti, Staff Writer

Sister of The Elite Tanner Volpatti, Makenzie Volpatti is a senior here at BPHS. Some people say she is even more elite than her brother!

You will usually see Makenzie telling jokes and making others around her die of laughter. Outside of school, she is ordinarily catching up on some sleep or getting a workout in and running on the Montour Trail.

Speaking of running, Makenzie runs outdoor track in the spring. She sprints the 100- and 200-meter dashes and the 4 x 100 meter relay. Aside from running in the spring, she plays CYO Basketball (Church League) in the winter. Makenzie is an all-around athlete–is she more elite than Tanner?

Makenzie is an experienced writer in journalism, and she only joined last year! She writes articles about people’s opinions on certain topics. For example: She asked a couple kids if you had one wish, what would it be? Additionally, with lots of experience as being a high schooler, she gives out amazing advice. For another example: She wrote an article on five tips to survive finals week.

One of the main reasons she joined this class again was because of the notorious Mr. Allemang. “Mr. Allemang is a fun & entertaining teacher. He makes learning intriguing to me,” explained Makenzie.

Her second favorite class is Child Growth and Development with Mrs. Dzanaj. Makenzie’s love for the kids and seeing them smile makes Makenzie’s day every time she sees them. Beyond high school, the future Pitt Panther wants to major in nursing.

Favorite Movie- Pursuit of Happiness

Dream Place- Hawaii

Super Power- To be able to fly

By: Julia Mascaro