May events for seniors

The senior prom, scheduled for May 17 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, is one of many events for seniors in May.

Graduation is almost upon us, and May is a busy month for seniors.

On Tuesday, April 23, Mr. Villani sent out information to seniors about all the exciting events coming up.

All final exams will be taking place throughout the whole month of May. These will be paper or online tests or a project at the teacher’s discretion.

Seniors will also have two asynchronous learning days: May 13 and May 15, while the underclassmen take the Keystone Exams. Seniors are advised to use these days to finish any assignments/ finals they have.

On May 14, there are no classes due to an Act 80 Day.

Throughout the week leading up to the prom, students who are attending have to watch the mandatory prom video, which will be emailed to students that week. This will review expectations for the prom, procedures for that night, parking information, and more details.

Students must acknowledge that they watched the video in a Google Form to be able to be released early on the day of prom, at 10:43 a.m.

Students must also have turned in their prom form, with a parent’s signature allowing them to leave early.

Prom, One Enchanted Evening, is taking place on May 17 at 7 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh Airport. 

The address is 1111 Airport Boulevard  Pittsburgh, Pa. 15231.

Students can start checking in at 6 p.m., and end at 7. Students are not permitted to enter past  7.

Dinner will be served at 7:15. Options include Chicken Piccata, Sliced Sirloin with Demi Glaze, and Eggplant Parmesan. Students selected their dinners via a Google Form.

Prom ends at 11 p.m. unless students have prior permission to leave early.

Besides all the excitement of prom, students are also getting closer to graduation.

The Senior Exit Survey will be released in May and is due by May 24.

Any senior can return their laptop starting May 20. Students must turn their laptops in by May 30.

More information on laptop return will be coming soon.

May 27 is Memorial Day, so there is no school for all students.

May 29 is Local Scholarship and Awards Night for any seniors who have won those awards.

May 30- May 31 is locker cleanout day, where students can donate their locks back to the school.

Students can also get their cap and gown if they have no outstanding obligations.

All obligations must be cleared by May 31. Students with obligations will not be receiving graduation tickets.

Please call or email Mrs. Celletti in the Activities Office at 412-854-8514 or [email protected] with any questions about outstanding obligations.

May 31 is also the last day of school for seniors.

May is a busy, but yet super exciting month for seniors!