May the 4th be with you at Arts Fest, STEAM Expo

All are welcome to visit the Arts Fest and STEAM Expo on Saturday, May 4 from 1- 4 p.m. at BPHS.

The annual Arts Fest and STEAM Expo is this Saturday, May 4 from 1- 4 p.m. at the high school.

This beautifully painted mural will be on display at the Arts Fest and STEAM Expo.

This is a great opportunity to come and see on display all of the great art created by not only the high school students but also the elementary and middle school students.

“I’m excited to see everyone’s hard work!” senior Zane Antonich said.

There will be a lot of free interactive experiences including silk screening, ceramic wheel demos, live painting demos, button making, face painting, Rubik’s Cube tricks and tips, henna tattoos, 3D printing demos, and a collaborative mural.

The science of cotton candy, family design challenge, NAMS Science Club projects, and Camp Invention, are also some fun activities that are happening!

“I am excited to see all the vendors selling their prize possessions,” junior Alyvia Sohyda said.

Meghan DeHaven, a current senior, is looking forward to the Arts Fest. “I am very excited for the cotton candy and to support my younger brother’s art,” she said.

Ben DeHaven’s faux taxidermy sculpture of SpongeBob Squarepants will be on display at the Arts Fest and STEAM Expo.

Seniors also had the opportunity to create their own display board with all of the art they have created throughout their years at BPHS! 

Congratulations to all the seniors!

“I’m excited to see a lot of different people coming to see everyone’s art that they worked so hard on,” senior Vanessa Ovesney said.

Ovesney is very involved in the art program.

“There’s going be an interactive color-by-number mural that anyone can come up to and paint on! There’s also other fun activities there such as a cotton candy machine, henna, and students selling their own work,” Mr Wallisch, art teacher, said.