Caracci continues to serve

WITH THUMBS UP, custodian Dave Caracci shows his appreciation to the student section as they shout

WITH THUMBS UP, custodian Dave Caracci shows his appreciation to the student section as they shout "We love Dave!"

Lauren Mullen

Lauren Mullen

Alex Mullen, Editor-in-Chief

The Homecoming football game on Friday, Sept. 14 was a special night for most. The Black Hawks beat the Shaler Titans, 42-7. At halftime, the student body had the opportunity to watch the Homecoming court winners receive their crowns.

Perhaps, though, the night was most special for BPHS custodian Dave Caracci. Caracci was awarded the Service Award for the amount of time he has worked for the Bethel Park School District.

Lauren Mullen
ALL SMILES, Dave Caracci proudly holds his service award along with teacher Mrs. Williams, who was awarded the faculty spirit award, and seniors Rosie Dailey and Mason Bussard, who were presented with the student spirit awards.

Take a walk through the cafeteria or hallways during the school day, and you will always be greeted by a heart-warming smile and a “how ya doing?”  

Caracci has worked for the school district for over 30 years, and the students all have an immense amount of respect and love for this man who represents all of what Bethel Park stands behind: hard work and integrity.

When asked what was the highlight of this magical Friday night on the 14th, Caracci said, “Standing out on the 50-yard-line as the entire student section was cheering ‘We love Dave!’ is what really made my night. I appreciate everything Bethel Park does for me.”

About Caracci, Senior Luke Surunis said, “It doesn’t matter how bad your day is going, seeing Dave can turn your day right around.”

Whether he is cleaning as hard as he can or bringing a smile to everybody’s faces, his works truly will never go unnoticed.

About the Photographer
Lauren Mullen, Social Media Editor

It is 5:45 a.m. It is dark outside, and the only things awake are the birds and the few people that go to work that early in the morning. However, if you were to walk into the BPHS Main Gym at that time, you would find Lauren Mullen practicing her pull up jump shot before school.

Lauren Mullen is a junior and this is her second year as a member of the Hawk Eye team, and she was brought here thanks to Alex Mullen, who recommended the class to her.

Mullen brings social media presence and sporting event photography to Hawk Eye.  She is one-half of the weekly feature Fun Faculty Fact Friday, working alongside Juliana Carbone. She also takes pictures of sporting events, such as boys basketball, softball, boys volleyball, and lacrosse.

Lauren is a two-sport athlete, playing on the girls basketball and golf team. While athletics are important to Lauren, her academics are highest on her list of priorities. Mullen is a member of National Honors Society, Principal Advisory Council of Students, Camera Club, and Quill and Scroll National Honors Society.

After high school, Lauren would like to play basketball in college. If she could have any superpower, she would like to be able to control her height.

Her dream vacation is to go to Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines, and swim in the active volcano. In Lauren’s eyes, the perfect date would be a spontaneous trip to the beach.

Be sure to tune in for the Fun Faculty Friday’s every week, and to check out the photo gallery to see everything that Lauren does!

Written by: Juliana Carbone, Staff Writer