Five tips to survive finals week

Makenzie Volpatti, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the school year that most students dread. It is finals week!  This year, however, the finals schedule is a little different than in the past. In an effort to alleviate stress on the students, the finals have been spread out. Below is the schedule.

During this time, many students start to get frustrated and stressed with the idea of preparing and studying for their big tests. Here are five tips to help stay calm and survive the stressful week…

• Get a good amount of sleep– Many students think it’s a good idea to stay up all night to study, although it’s the worst thing you can do. Getting a good amount of sleep will help you power through your tests.
  • Eat well– Eating a good breakfast before leaving for school is very important. Eating healthy foods such as proteins, fruits or whole grains will leave you feeling great. Eating junk food or not eating at all will leave you feeling exhausted and powerless.
  • Stay active– Exercise when you can! It helps your blood to flow to your brain. Simple things such as walking, climbing stairs, and crunches can help you stay active.
  • Stay away from your phone– Your phone can be very distracting during studying. A good tip is to shut your phone off and put it in a place where you can’t see it. After you’re done studying, use your phone as a reward.
  • Take study breaks– Studying for too long can cause you to not focus or remember things at all. Remember to study for at least 15 minutes and then take a break. You don’t want to overwhelm your brain with too much information at one time.

Remember to work hard and stay on task! Put your worries aside, relieve your stress and power through your tests. Soon finals week will be over and summer will be right around the corner. Good luck!

About the Writer
Makenzie Volpatti, Staff Writer

Sister of The Elite Tanner Volpatti, Makenzie Volpatti is a senior here at BPHS. Some people say she is even more elite than her brother!

You will usually see Makenzie telling jokes and making others around her die of laughter. Outside of school, she is ordinarily catching up on some sleep or getting a workout in and running on the Montour Trail.

Speaking of running, Makenzie runs outdoor track in the spring. She sprints the 100- and 200-meter dashes and the 4 x 100 meter relay. Aside from running in the spring, she plays CYO Basketball (Church League) in the winter. Makenzie is an all-around athlete–is she more elite than Tanner?

Makenzie is an experienced writer in journalism, and she only joined last year! She writes articles about people’s opinions on certain topics. For example: She asked a couple kids if you had one wish, what would it be? Additionally, with lots of experience as being a high schooler, she gives out amazing advice. For another example: She wrote an article on five tips to survive finals week.

One of the main reasons she joined this class again was because of the notorious Mr. Allemang. “Mr. Allemang is a fun & entertaining teacher. He makes learning intriguing to me,” explained Makenzie.

Her second favorite class is Child Growth and Development with Mrs. Dzanaj. Makenzie’s love for the kids and seeing them smile makes Makenzie’s day every time she sees them. Beyond high school, the future Pitt Panther wants to major in nursing.

Favorite Movie- Pursuit of Happiness

Dream Place- Hawaii

Super Power- To be able to fly

By: Julia Mascaro