The Hawk Seat Episode 7: The Main Event

In this special episode of The Hawk Seat, hosts Gavin Campbell and Nick Guimond bring an exclusive content. Chief Correspondent Alex Mullen sits down with BP’s own Terry Hackett aka The Sniper to discuss “The Main Event,” an evening of professional wrestling.

“The Main Event” will take place on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 7 PM in the Main Gym. Advance tickets can be purchased in the BPHS Main Office at a cost of $12 for ringside, $10 for adults, $6 for students and $5 for children ages 12 and under.  Tickets bought the night of the event will be $14 for ringside, $12 for adults, $8 for students and $7 for children ages 12 and under.

There will be seven matches in total. The featured match will include The Sniper and Lord Zoltan vs. Justin Sane and a Mystery Partner.

Concessions will be served throughout the night.

About the Writers
Gavin Campbell, Staff Writer

Involved. That’s a pretty easy way to describe Gavin Campbell.

Gavin does it all, participating in lacrosse, DECA, chess club, TLC, and now writing for Hawk Eye.

Gavin summed it up by saying, “I do pretty much everything.”

It doesn’t stop there, though. Gavin also is employed at Duck Donuts.

He still finds a way though to balance all these activities with his schoolwork. Gavin’s favorite subject is history, but his favorite teacher was his biology teacher Mr. O’Brien. “He’s a father figure to me,” Gavin added.

Something that many people may not know about Gavin is that he has created a sport called thonball. “It was a big hit around the school,” Gavin added. Gavin believes thonball has grown so much that the Olympics are considering it for 2020! Okay, that last statement may be a bit of a stretch.

When asked to describe himself in three words, Gavin came up with “fearless, humble yet proud, and shrewd.” All traits of a good journalist.

If Gavin had one superpower it would be to stop time. Another fun fact about Gavin is his love for Mexican food.

Through his journalism, Gavin hopes to make BPHS a better place.  Gavin ultimately hopes to uncover “the truth.”

Journalists like Gavin are what make the world a better place.

Written by Ty Miller, Staff Writer

Alex Mullen, Editor-in-Chief

All-star basketball player and journalist Alex Mullen is in his senior year at BPHS. In addition to his fourth year at the high school, Mullen is continuing his legacy with Hawk Eye for his third year.

Mullen’s origin story like any other is one of legend, when asked why he joined, Mullen said, “Mang guilt-tripped me into it because no one else would write basketball articles.”

Since joining the newspaper, Mullen mainly focuses on writing sports articles. This year, he hopes to bring “Energy, enthusiasm, and dope videos.”

Mullen is also a host of the ever popular, “Hawk Seat”, and is one of the founding members of the show. When he’s not writing for the paper or recording the next Hawk Seat episode, where can you find Alex Mullen?

“Catch me at the high school basketball court hooping it up,” Mullen said.

Other than his super ability to write for Hawk Eye, he would want the superpower of invisibility.

Mullen’s perfect date?

“A candlelight dinner under a perfect crescent moon,” said Mullen.

In addition to a bright future with journalism, Mullen expects to attend college and hopefully play basketball after high school.

Written by: Nick Guimond, Staff Writer

Nick Guimond, Video Editor

The YMCA ice rink is where you can find the ice hockey team’s three-year varsity starter Nick Guimond, aka Nicky G. Nick is a senior and this is his second year writing for Hawk Eye, the online newspaper. He hopes to bring a strong influence to this year’s sports articles, by leading the new writers in the right direction.

When asked if there was anything else he hopes to contribute, Nick simply said, “My man Mullen and I are going to be making The Hawk Seat better than ever this year with insanely cool videos.”

Speaking of which, The Hawk Seat is currently in the market for one new member, after losing senior anchor Gavin Campbell.

In the future, Nick plans on attending college and has high hopes to play ice hockey at the collegiate level. Once at college, he wants to pursue being a mechanical engineer because of his extreme skill in mathematics.

When it comes to superpowers, it is a clear decision for Nick, as he wants to be just like his favorite superhero, The Flash. With this being said, having super speed would be the most appealing to Nick.

“The great white north or should I say, Canada, is always calling me back every time I think of where I would like to go for my dream vacation,” Nick said in response to the question about his dream vacation.

But if he had the opportunity for a dream date, Nick likes to keep it simple.

“A nice long walk on the beach would set the mood just right.”

Written by: Alex Mullen, Staff Writer

1 Comment

One Response to “The Hawk Seat Episode 7: The Main Event”

1. Mr. Travis on November 16th, 2017 12:08 pm

Love this episode of The Hawk Seat!!! The introduction, the back and forth of Gavin and Nick, the Cena music in the background of that clip of The Sniper (edited perfectly), the very serious delivery of Alex Mullen’s question, “So, you’re in the ring, you’ve got your opponent pretty worn out….”

So good guys! I have to now check out more episodes of The Hawk Seat, as this is my first one.

Keep ’em comin’.
    Mr. Travis

• The Hawk Seat Episode 7:  The Main Event

Inside the nest

PACS to host Ghoul Fest Dance

Inside the nest

Send a cookie to your witch

• Inside the nest

Students to spice up fall at annual Band Concert

Inside the nest

117 schools, 1500 students expected to attend College Fair

Inside the nest

Marching Band steps toward Festival

Inside the nest

Courtyard reopens following repairs

Inside the nest

Vote for WPXI Marching Band of the Week

Inside the nest

Caracci continues to serve

Inside the nest

Marching Band is ready to perform in annual Community Day Parade

Inside the nest

CIM students construct very own robots

The Hawk Seat Episode 7: The Main Event