Student Voices: What would you wish for?

Photo credit: Maurina Rara via Flickr, cc

Makenzie Volpatti, Staff Writer

If you had a “Genie in a bottle” and were granted three wishes, what would they be?

I asked a couple of my friends during school what their wishes would be and this is what they had to say.

Junior Sami Huwe said, “My wishes would be to be famous, have unlimited wishes, and to live a crazy fun life.”

“Definitely always have my family be healthy, be successful in school, and unlimited amount of money,” stated junior Maggie Toomey.

Freshman Logan Wright replied, “I would wish to have self-motivation, be able to meet Michael Jordan, and to be naturally intelligent.”

“This is a hard one but, the only thing I would wish for is happiness,” said sophomore Ryan Meis.

Senior Tanner Volpatti said, “I would wish to be able to go back and play high school football again, have one-hundred million dollars, and to stay young forever.”

Senior Candice Chalus said, “I would wish for endless supply of money, eat anything without gaining weight, and invisibility when I desire.”

So, what would your wishes be? Leave a comment!

About the Writer
Makenzie Volpatti, Staff Writer

Sister of The Elite Tanner Volpatti, Makenzie Volpatti is a senior here at BPHS. Some people say she is even more elite than her brother!

You will usually see Makenzie telling jokes and making others around her die of laughter. Outside of school, she is ordinarily catching up on some sleep or getting a workout in and running on the Montour Trail.

Speaking of running, Makenzie runs outdoor track in the spring. She sprints the 100- and 200-meter dashes and the 4 x 100 meter relay. Aside from running in the spring, she plays CYO Basketball (Church League) in the winter. Makenzie is an all-around athlete–is she more elite than Tanner?

Makenzie is an experienced writer in journalism, and she only joined last year! She writes articles about people’s opinions on certain topics. For example: She asked a couple kids if you had one wish, what would it be? Additionally, with lots of experience as being a high schooler, she gives out amazing advice. For another example: She wrote an article on five tips to survive finals week.

One of the main reasons she joined this class again was because of the notorious Mr. Allemang. “Mr. Allemang is a fun & entertaining teacher. He makes learning intriguing to me,” explained Makenzie.

Her second favorite class is Child Growth and Development with Mrs. Dzanaj. Makenzie’s love for the kids and seeing them smile makes Makenzie’s day every time she sees them. Beyond high school, the future Pitt Panther wants to major in nursing.

Favorite Movie- Pursuit of Happiness

Dream Place- Hawaii

Super Power- To be able to fly

By: Julia Mascaro