FFFF: Mang’s as old as Jesus

HERE TO SAVE THE DAY! Mr. Allemang dons his Superman costume on Halloween.

Alex Mullen

Alex Mullen

The heartbeat of Hawk Eye, the leader of the yearbook, the sponsor of Camera Club and Junior Ways and Means, and an instructor of English 10 is as old as Jesus this week.

John Allemang’s birthday is the day after Halloween, and this year is special because he turns 33.

When asked what his most memorable birthday was, he replied with, “I can’t remember any of my birthdays, kinda blurry.”

Allemang said that he “wasn’t born from a woman,” and when we asked him to elaborate on what he meant by that, he said he was born through a C-section just like Macduff in “Macbeth.”

Allemang said that he “wasn’t born from a woman,” and when we asked him to elaborate on what he meant by that, he said he was born through a C-section just like Macduff in “Macbeth.””

Mr. Allemang said, “My mom could have had me on Halloween, but she wanted me to be born on All Saints’ Day. So, she waited a day.”

Since he was born on All Saints’ Day, the question of his favorite saint came up and he said it was “Saint Pio, because he bore the stigmata–the wounds of Christ– and he could bilocate–be in two places at one time–, and he could read peoples’ hearts by knowing their sins before they confess them. That’s pretty cool.”

Allemang’s favorite birthday tradition is eating cookie cake “with myself and my cats.”

If anyone is looking to get him a birthday gift, he said he would appreciate, “either more TRI-conderogas or a new Jerry Garcia tie.”

About the Contributors
Lauren Mullen, Social Media Editor

It is 5:45 a.m. It is dark outside, and the only things awake are the birds and the few people that go to work that early in the morning. However, if you were to walk into the BPHS Main Gym at that time, you would find Lauren Mullen practicing her pull up jump shot before school.

Lauren Mullen is a junior and this is her second year as a member of the Hawk Eye team, and she was brought here thanks to Alex Mullen, who recommended the class to her.

Mullen brings social media presence and sporting event photography to Hawk Eye.  She is one-half of the weekly feature Fun Faculty Fact Friday, working alongside Juliana Carbone. She also takes pictures of sporting events, such as boys basketball, softball, boys volleyball, and lacrosse.

Lauren is a two-sport athlete, playing on the girls basketball and golf team. While athletics are important to Lauren, her academics are highest on her list of priorities. Mullen is a member of National Honors Society, Principal Advisory Council of Students, Camera Club, and Quill and Scroll National Honors Society.

After high school, Lauren would like to play basketball in college. If she could have any superpower, she would like to be able to control her height.

Her dream vacation is to go to Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines, and swim in the active volcano. In Lauren’s eyes, the perfect date would be a spontaneous trip to the beach.

Be sure to tune in for the Fun Faculty Friday’s every week, and to check out the photo gallery to see everything that Lauren does!

Written by: Juliana Carbone, Staff Writer

Alex Mullen, Editor-in-Chief

All-star basketball player and journalist Alex Mullen is in his senior year at BPHS. In addition to his fourth year at the high school, Mullen is continuing his legacy with Hawk Eye for his third year.

Mullen’s origin story like any other is one of legend, when asked why he joined, Mullen said, “Mang guilt-tripped me into it because no one else would write basketball articles.”

Since joining the newspaper, Mullen mainly focuses on writing sports articles. This year, he hopes to bring “Energy, enthusiasm, and dope videos.”

Mullen is also a host of the ever popular, “Hawk Seat”, and is one of the founding members of the show. When he’s not writing for the paper or recording the next Hawk Seat episode, where can you find Alex Mullen?

“Catch me at the high school basketball court hooping it up,” Mullen said.

Other than his super ability to write for Hawk Eye, he would want the superpower of invisibility.

Mullen’s perfect date?

“A candlelight dinner under a perfect crescent moon,” said Mullen.

In addition to a bright future with journalism, Mullen expects to attend college and hopefully play basketball after high school.

Written by: Nick Guimond, Staff Writer