BPHS custodian wrestles more than germs

Photo courtesy of Mr. Hooton

Photo courtesy of Mr. Hooton

BPHS head custodian Terry Hackett is a janitor by day, but a professional wrestler by night.

Mr. Hackett has been wresting in the pro ring for 25 years. Originally he is from Cape Town, South Africa.

“Once I started watching pro wrestling, I said that’s what I want to do.”

After he decided that’s what he wanted to pursue, his brother introduced him to a fellow wrestler. He started to train at least three times a week. At first he focused on learning the basics, then moved up to more advanced things.

“The more you do something the better you get at it. That’s the same for professional wrestling.”

Early in his career, Mr. Hackett was a part of a tag team known as the Mercaneries. When that ended, he decided to pursue a solo career and changed his name to The Sniper.

“In the military the snipers are the best at what they do. They can get you from anywhere and you never know when or where you will be hit. I sneak up on my opponents and they never see it coming. That’s why I wanted to be called The Sniper.”

Last December, Mr. Hackett had undergone a minor surgery and is not yet cleared to wrestle again. Before his surgery, he would wrestle once or twice a month unless he was booked.

“What I enjoy the most is making the fans hate me. I’m a ‘Bad Guy.’ They don’t like me, and I don’t like them either. I can say whatever I want to them and if they say stuff back I just take it out on my opponent. I make them suffer at the hands of me! Ha Ha”

So, when Terry Hackett isn’t sneaking up on germs around the school, he’s sneaking up on opponents in the ring.

To keep tabs on Mr. Hackett and other professional wrestlers in the area, visit the Keystone State Wrestling Alliance online.

About the Writer
Kayte Zeiler, Staff Writer

Who’s that girl that loves baby animals and Pharell the musician? That’s Kayte Zeiler, a junior at Bethel Park High School.

Kayte Zeiler is an athletic girl, being on the varsity lacrosse team and the varsity volleyball team for her second year. Her tall height of 5’9 makes her stand out from the other 10th grade ladies.

When you see Kayte in the halls of BPHS, the first thing you’ll notice about her are her wild socks. Everyday you’ll see her in a different pair. Where does she find her crazy socks? She said, “I don’t find them, they find me.”

In her free time, Kayte likes to watch Netflix on her phone. A few shows she likes to watch are “House,” “American Horror Story,” and “Bob’s Burgers.” While Kayte watches her favorite shows, she enjoys eating sushi. When she’s not watching Netflix, she’s jamming out to her favorite artists such as Yeezus, Childish Gambino, Schoolboy Q, Asher Roth, Mac Miller, Nicki Minaj, Shakira, and the rap group Odd Future. Kayte said, “White on the outside, black at heart,” as she described her music taste/life.

Kayte joined Hawk Eye because her older sister, Olivia, took this elective and said it was a good experience. She also joined because she wanted to become more involved at BPHS. Kayte hopes to create a horoscope section in Hawk Eye.

As far as Kayte’s plans post high school, she said, “I want to be a rapper, but if that doesn’t work I plan on maybe going to college.” If you hear a hit single by KZIZZY KEEZUS, you’ll know she made it.

Written by: Cameron Happe, Staff Writer