Ways Bethel Park is unique

Waverly Shiff, Staff Writer

There are countless ways I can come up with how Bethel Park is unique, starting with the schools. When I was growing up, I was always scared I wouldn’t know something and then be behind everyone else in all of my classes. Little did I know, the teachers at my elementary and middle schools, for the most part, were not only super helpful but they also reached out to me as much as they could in class.

Back then I clearly remember if I was confused about something they were teaching, the teacher would always walk around the room, stop, and gladly take the rest of the class period to help me with even just learning to understand a simple concept. Even though I was, and still am, a slow learner, I did well in school because I got that very much needed extra help from my teachers and partly my classmates too.

The schools themselves are also well run not only with the schedules but with any organization that comes up. For example, currently in Bethel Park, there is a Glow Fest dance for the students just to have a fun time, like a lot of other activities throughout the year, and the ticket money helps the school in many ways.

Another way Bethel Park is unique is because of the sports, the types of classes, and even any electives that Bethel has to offer. Most people who have been going to public school their entire life don’t usually see how many opportunities of being able to choose what classes and electives there are. I had been at a private school for three years before and there is a much more limited range of choices in private school, so public has more freedom of being able to pick classes.

About the Writer
Waverly Shiff, Staff Writer

If you were ever walking in the halls and saw a lengthy chick with long, wavy blonde hair and hippie-like style, then you just passed one of the newest additions to the high school, Waverly Shiff, a 9th grader.

Not only is Waverly focused on maintaining her bohemian, yet athletic style, but she is also concentrated on keeping up with her favorite hobbies such as playing soccer, doing gymnastics, and even doing cross-fit!

Her love for those sports contributes to her future goal of being a fitness motivator when she gets older. But when she is off the mat and out of the gym, she enjoys writing.

The reason for that might be because of her favorite teacher Mrs. Williams, previously known as Ms. False, and how she, “is sweet but gets to the point, and smells like cupcakes.”

And her love for writing has brought her into the wonderful class of Scholastic Journalism, where Waverly just hopes to have a good time writing and doing what she enjoys.

Written by: Stephanie Kroll, Staff Writer