Athlete of the Week: Grace Myers

Parker Loera, Sports Editor

How many years have you been swimming? This year will mark my 9th year.

What stroke and race(s) do you compete in? The main two are the 100-meter breaststroke and the 200 individual medley.

What is your favorite type of stroke? Breaststroke

What makes swimming so special to you? It would have to be the friendships, memories, and accomplishments that I have made over all of my years competing.

Do you have any siblings? If so, what are their names? I have one younger brother and his name is Luke.

Who are you most competitive within your family? Probably my brother even though most of the time it’s a joke.

Who got you into swimming? I would say my parents because of all their support and motivation that they have given me from the very beginning.

What is your favorite moment from swimming? Whenever I got my first WPIAL cut freshman year on senior night because the atmosphere was so fun and that night was overall exciting.

Any future plans? I want to find a nice college as my first priority, but I am definitely considering swimming in college.

If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be? Shawn Mendes because I love him!

If you became the richest person in the world, what would you do first? I would first give some of the money away to charities and travel everywhere.

Any special thanks? To all of the coaches that have coached me in the past and now for bringing out the best in me, but there are too many to name but I love them all. I also have to thank my family because I would not be where I am today without their loving support.