Enjoy photography? Come to the BP Library

Stephanie Kroll, Staff Writer

The Bethel Park Public Library has more than just books and computers.

And one of the many things the library has and does is it hosts events and programs free to the public.

One such event on Tuesday, May 23 at 7 p.m. is specifically for those who enjoy photography and taking pictures but aren’t sure what to do with that hobby.

So if you are struggling with your hobby or just need a platform for your photography, join the discussion hosted by Gregory Schmidt, a semi-professional photographer.

This is said to be a “relatively non-technical discussion about digital photography, as an art, as a hobby, and as a means of self-expression.”

About the Writer
Stephanie Kroll, Managing Editor, Opinions Editor

Stephanie is a senior at BPHS and took journalism for her fourth year because she likes to have her opinions and ideas shared. She wants everyone to read and know the truth even if they don’t want to hear it. She also took it because her favorite teacher is the one, the only, Mr. Allemang.

She is so passionate about journalism that she got accepted into this year’s Point Park apprenticeship program for journalistic writing and reporting to amp up her writing skills.

If you don’t find her plugging away on articles, you can possibly find her at home thinking of article ideas, attending a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game, a concert, or just having a good time with her friends.

Post high school, Stephanie wants to get a bachelor’s degree in journalism. Specifically environmental journalism. Her dream college is Point Park, but she would also be happy to attend California University of Pennsylvania.

Written By: Tyler Schultz, Staff Writer