Movies to watch out for this February

Amber Schnupp, Staff Writer

It’s a new month and that means there are new box office releases.

So, here are a few movies you may want to keep your eyes open for…

Up first is the movie Winchester, which came out Feb. 2.

This horror movie is based on a real life event. It tells the story of Sarah Winchester, a woman who was supposedly haunted. As the story goes, Sarah was married into the family who created the Winchester Rifle. When her husband died, it is said that the souls of people who were killed by the weapon wanted to appeased. So in order to do that, she started building a house and never stopped building. There are rooms that have doors that open to holes in the floor, stairs that lead nowhere, and many other unsettling designs.

The next title is also based on a true story.

On Feb. 9, The 15:17 to Paris comes out.

This movie is about a real-life terrorist attack that happened in 2015. It tells the story of how three friends work together to foil an attack on a train traveling to Paris. In this movie, you won’t see any big name stars standing in for these heroes, as they all will be playing themselves. Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos, and Spencer Stone are retelling their story of how they saved 500 passengers that day.

Next on the list is Peter Rabbit which also comes out on Feb. 9.

This movie has a star-studded cast, including such names as James Corden and Margot Robbie, who tell Beatrix Potter’s classic story. It is the story of a man and a fuzzy bunny brutally competing for the affection of an animal-lover girl who lives next door.

One of the most anticipated movies coming out this month is Black Panther, which comes out Feb. 16.

This is the next title in the Marvel Universe, and it is sure to be a hit. Telling the story of the hero and prince Black Panther after the events of Captain America: Civil War, it is sure to be action packed with a great story. T’Challa is back and he is fighting to protect his throne and his people. It has a star-studded cast and is aiming to be a great addition to Marvel’s cinematic universe.

Finally, there’s Annihilation, which comes out Feb. 23.

This title features a woman-led team going on an expedition into a very dangerous and unknown area. The true nature of this exploration becomes darker as they learn things are not what they originally thought. It is sure to be a nail-biter, leaving you on the edge of your seat.

This month has many great titles, it’s a wonder people don’t go broke from going to the theater.

About the Writer
Amber Schnupp, Staff Writer

Aspiring movie script writer, English class enthusiast, and current Target worker Amber Schnupp is returning to her esteemed position in the Hawk Eye staff for her senior year.

Amber is committed to adding phenomenal coverage of school news to her already busy schedule of dance, yearbook, and stage crew.

A fan of all writing classes, Amber says her favorite teacher is Mr. Allemang ever since she took the Journalism class her freshman year.

In the future, Amber plans on going into the film industry as a professional script writer. In her rare moments of free time between school and work, Amber enjoys watching films and fictional writing.

When asked why she took the Journalism class this year, Amber said, “I enjoyed writing in the class freshman year, and I wanted to contribute to the paper again my senior year.”

With three prior years of experience writing for Hawk Eye, the staff is incredibly excited to welcome Amber back to the journalism class, and we look forward to many great things this year!

Written by: Greydon Tomkowitz, Editor-in-Chief.