The student news of Bethel Park High School.

Hawk Eye

  • Want a chance to win Pen's tix for $10? Buy a surprise box by March 29.

  • Get your BP Spirit Socks! See or email Mr. Allemang

  • Follow us on Instagram @hawkeyebphs

  • See your msg here! Free for a limited time! Email [email protected]

Buy a surprise box

Megan Fedkoe, Staff Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






It’s that time of the year again. The beginning of the second semester, the weather is bad, you’re being overloaded with homework, and you’re just sick of school. It looks like you need to eliminate this misery and buy yourself, or a friend, a surprise box!

The members of NHS were asked to go to local businesses and ask for a $10 donation. Most businesses are donating gift cards. These gift cards or other items are put into various surprise boxes for students or people in the community to buy.

Surprise boxes are $10 each, and it is very likely that you will get your money’s worth. Most surprise boxes will include a small gift card and some candy, but others could have concert or sporting tickets.

60% of the money spent on the surprise boxes will be given to Operation Troop Appreciation and the other 40% of proceeds will be put towards NHS scholarships.

The surprise boxes will be sold March 1st through the 24th. They will be delivered the week of March 27th.

Here is a list of potential gift cards that you could find in your surprise box: American Eagle, Shop n’ Save, Red Onion Pizza, Judy’s Java Joint, Give Mia Cookie, Princess Lanes, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, and many others

“Last year, I bought a surprise box and I got a $15 Target gift card and some candy! It was definitely worth it,” said senior Bridget Heh.

Print Friendly

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

The student news of Bethel Park High School.
Buy a surprise box