Student of the Week: Haley Radcliffe

Ty Miller, Staff Writer

Being a high school student can be difficult to begin with, add in a rigorous class schedule with clubs and sports and it can seem overwhelming. This is not the case for Haley Radcliffe who thrives on being as involved as possible.

Outside of her classes, Radcliffe serves as the president of Student Government, along with participating in National Honors Society, PACS, Hawk Eye, and the National French Honors Society. Additionally, she runs cross country and track. With this much on your plate, time management is key to being successful.

“It can be a bit overwhelming occasionally, but it really helps to manage your time and plan ahead,” said Radcliffe.

Radcliffe has participated in Student Government since her freshman year and was elected as president for her senior year. This is an important position, but Haley is the perfect person for it with her drive and determination along with wanting what’s best for the students of Bethel Park High School. There are many responsibilities that go into being the president of Student Government.

“I represent the student body and create the agenda for each week’s Executive Board or Senate meeting. I also attend all the SGA functions and monitor our progress as an association.”

Outside of just being a student, Radcliffe is a great person and well liked by her pears. She works as a tutor in the BPHS Writing Center and got high praise from her fellow tutor Rachel Hankin:

“I am a peer tutor in the Writing Studio with Haley twice a week, and I’ve definitely noticed how hard-working she is. She is always willing to help anyone who comes in looking for help no matter what she is doing. Haley is one of the most reliable people I know and is always just a great person to be around.”

The same goes in the classroom where Radcliffe is a diligent worker. Her English teacher Mr. Youngs loves having her as a student in class and is impressed with her commitment to being an involved but also hard-working student:

“Someone like Haley is everything you want in a student. She participates in a variety of activities but still manages to balance her school work.”

Post high school, Radcliffe plans to attend Duquesne University and pursue becoming a teacher.

About the Writer
Ty Miller, Staff Writer

Lebron James, Floyd Mayweather, Tom Brady: they all have one thing in common, they’re fighting to be the second biggest thing in sports today. Just like the great Ricky Bobby said, “If you ain’t first, you’re last.” They’re all greats in their own respective sports, but when it comes to Sports Entertainment, no one will ever touch “The Triple Threat,” Ty Miller.

Ty is a standout in cross country, journalism, and basketball.

He quite possibly “could be better than Michael Jordan,” says BP Basketball Star Alex Mullen, who even admits he himself does not hold a candle to Ty Miller.

When it comes to cross country, Ty may not be the fastest, but he says that, “no one will ever outwork [him].” Ty’s work ethic is unparalleled.

He is an active participant in Student Government, Hawk Eye, and DECA. Ty loves giving back to his school and back to his community. He embraces his grind that he’s had here in BP.

Ty grinds it out in South Park, running miles upon miles in the park. When asked what he would do if he had no legs, he said he’d crawl… and he would still win the races.
Ty has been compared to the Palomino Blackwing, which is arguably the most elite pencil on the market. They’re both composed, dangerous, and sleek.

Catch Ty on the court, the cross country course, or in the papers as he looks to take over BPHS in 2017-18!

Written by: Gavin Campbell, Staff Writer