Lady Hawks given a fourth chance

Maria Cerro splits the

Maria Cerro splits the "D" as she looks for the layup in the Lady Hawks' game vs. Peters on Jan. 22.

Alex Mullen

Alex Mullen

Logan Wright, Staff Writer

For the fourth time this year, the Lady Hawks will face the Peters Township Indians.  This time, though, the stakes are a little higher:  if you win, you move on; if you lose, you go home, that’s it, the season’s over.

The first round matchup of the state playoffs is set for Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m. at Canon Mac.

The last meeting against the Lady Indians was Feb. 27 in the WPIAL semifinals. The Lady Hawks took a hard loss, 55-39, in that game, ending their WPIAL playoff run. But because they made it to the semis, they qualified for the state playoffs.

“We are going to be patient with the ball and play our game, not the way they want us to play,” junior First Team All-Section player Maria Cerro said.

The Lady Hawks are 0-3 this year against Peters. Will the 4th time be the charm for the ladies?

About the Contributors
Logan Wright, Staff Writer

The gym is loud. The crowd is cheering. The stands are filled with hundreds of fans. On Tuesdays and Fridays in the high school gym is where you will find Logan Wright playing basketball.

Logan Wright is a sophomore and in his second year writing for Hawk Eye. He joined this class by the recommendation of Mr. Knapp. Logan is planning on bringing fantastic sports articles to this year’s paper.

If you don’t see him working on his articles, you can probably find him in the gym practicing basketball. Logan is part of the high school basketball team coached by Josh Bears. After high school, Logan is planning on attending college, but he doesn’t plan on pursuing journalism.

If Logan could have any superpower, “I would like to be invisible, so no one could see me,” he said.

An ideal date for Logan would be “dinner and a movie.

If Logan could go on vacation to anywhere in the world, he said, “I would most likely go to Jamaica to see all the variety of colors.”

Make sure you check Hawk Eye after the sports games to read all of Logan’s great sports articles.

Written by Olivia Westphal

Alex Mullen, Editor-in-Chief

All-star basketball player and journalist Alex Mullen is in his senior year at BPHS. In addition to his fourth year at the high school, Mullen is continuing his legacy with Hawk Eye for his third year.

Mullen’s origin story like any other is one of legend, when asked why he joined, Mullen said, “Mang guilt-tripped me into it because no one else would write basketball articles.”

Since joining the newspaper, Mullen mainly focuses on writing sports articles. This year, he hopes to bring “Energy, enthusiasm, and dope videos.”

Mullen is also a host of the ever popular, “Hawk Seat”, and is one of the founding members of the show. When he’s not writing for the paper or recording the next Hawk Seat episode, where can you find Alex Mullen?

“Catch me at the high school basketball court hooping it up,” Mullen said.

Other than his super ability to write for Hawk Eye, he would want the superpower of invisibility.

Mullen’s perfect date?

“A candlelight dinner under a perfect crescent moon,” said Mullen.

In addition to a bright future with journalism, Mullen expects to attend college and hopefully play basketball after high school.

Written by: Nick Guimond, Staff Writer