The Bethel Park Black Hawk Marching Band poses outside of the entrance of the high school before their game against Canon Mac
Shelley Crowe

Oh, it’s times like these at the 55th Annual Bethel Park Band Festival

Bethel Park Black Hawk Marching Band will host its 55th Annual Band Festival on Oct. 7 at 7 p.m. at the football stadium.

This event will feature six outstanding bands including Bethel Park, Blackhawk, Peters Township, Seton-LaSalle, South Fayette, and The University of Pittsburgh. In addition, there will be a special appearance by the South Hills Stars Special Needs Color Guard. 

The band festival will feature Top 21 singing “The Star-Spangled Banner” during the Marching Band’s performance of pregame. The Bethel Park Drumline will dazzle the audience while playing its cadence during intermission.

The Bethel Park Marching Band will showcase its halftime shows by playing “The Pretender” and “Times Like These” by the Foo Fighters and “Paul Simon Opener.”

From its homecoming show, the Marching Band will perform “Fantasmic.” It will close its show with its traditional fight song “Hot Time Bethel Victory.”

In addition to the outstanding musical performances, the festival will offer various amenities. 

The Bethel Park Music Boosters will sell band and music-related merchandise. This year, there is a special band festival T-shirt that will be sold for $10.

Also being sold are candy grams. Friends and family members from every school will be able to send candy grams to their favorite band members from any of the schools. Chocolate, sweet, and sour candies will be available along with rice crispy treats, apple sauce, and “lucky ducks.”

Concessions will be open along with a bake sale with treats donated by members of the Bethel Park Marching Band.

The festival is the second-highest fundraiser for the Bethel Park Marching Band besides the hoagie sales.

Tickets are $10 at the door. Make sure to come by and support the bands!

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Meghan DeHaven
Meghan DeHaven, Editor-in-Chief
There’s more to Meghan DeHaven than just an award-winning SNO journalist, Meghan dances at Judy Murtaugh Dance Studio, she sings, she's very involved in the spring musical, and she boasts the title of Head Bethette.  Meghan got involved in Scholastic Publications in her sophomore year because she had an empty space in her schedule. Three years and one Best of SNO award later, she keeps coming back because she says it’s her favorite part of the school day. Meghan believes that her greatest strength is that she can make people feel comfortable despite the situation. Meghan likes that she “can be serious while making sure that everyone can have a good time.” Meghan gives her mother credit for the person she is today. Meghan says that her friends and family keep her true to herself and remind her to stay true to her dreams. Despite being a huge fan of Ohio State Football, Meghan plans to study social media, public relations, and advertising at Point Park University. After college. Meghan’s dream career is to become a concert photographer and be her own boss. Combining both of the things she loves most, live music and photography, Meghan feels like this would be the perfect fit for her. If Meghan ever needed some time away, her dream vacation would be a cozy cabin retreat to somewhere like Montana or Colorado. That or she would like to travel all across Europe and get out of the United States. But before any of that, Meghan has to take a look at where she started. If she could have given herself some advice ten years ago, Meghan would have told herself to get involved in as many clubs and activities as she possibly can and not to let others' opinions concern her. With her eyes set on her future, Meghan DeHaven can achieve anything she wants with the support of her friends and family. Written By: Zane Antonich, Staff Writer

Comments (1)

All Hawk Eye Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• R

rybread28Oct 6, 2023 at 12:03 pm

love it!

Reply