Marching Band steps toward Festival

INSTRUMENTS RAISED, the Marching Band steps onto the field during halftime of a Hawks football game.

Maura McNaughton

Maura McNaughton

Regan Gray, News Editor

At 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 6, Black Hawk Stadium will be home to a medley of sounds as Bethel Park hosts the annual Marching Band Festival.

Several bands have been invited to the Festival, including South Park, South Fayette, Laurel Highlands, and Steel Valley.

As the hosts, Bethel Park will start the show with a modified pregame routine. They will also close the show.  They will be performing “Distorted,” “Mambo, Officer Krupke,” and “John Williams Anthology.”

When asked about which band they were most excited to see perform, seniors Brayden Linz and Lauren Wandel, and junior Katie McClary all answered South Fayette’s Little Green Machine.

“The Little Green Machine’s whole band does a kick, and we love that,” said Lauren Wandel.

It will be a fun evening filled with music and talent, so come out and support the Bethel Park Marching Band.

Tickets are $6 if purchased in advance from any member of Marching Band or $8 at the door. The gates open at 6 p.m.

About the Writer
Regan Gray, News Editor

In Time Magazine someday, the story of Regan Gray traveling Europe in style while discussing politics and international affairs will be all over the headlines. For now, here at BPHS, she is a captain of the school’s cross country team and an aspiring journalist.

Regan is currently a senior and has been writing for the paper since her sophomore year. She took the class and fell in love with journalism and plans to continue with it in the future. The dream school she wishes to attend is Elon University in North Carolina and she also says that if she could, she would also join a documentary team someday. 

She is a member of the National Honors Society, Quill and Scroll (an honors society for high school journalists) and is an A.P. Scholar.

She also plays the clarinet in Symphonic Band and has been in band since the fourth grade.

Additionally, Regan Gray has been a girl scout since kindergarten, the youth representative for her church, and currently works at Eat N’ Park. 

Regan was selected this year to attend a trip to the Philippines. “There are only about three people selected from Pennsylvania every year, and I am very excited that I was chosen to go.” She also said that she will be talking to the locals there, learning about the culture, and breaking some stereotypes of the Filipino people. 

Look out for some fun stories from Regan this year!