Picklesburgh is a big dill

Stephanie Kroll, Staff Writer

Millions of people all over the world are fond of pickles. And there is even a festival of pickles for all the pickle lovers in Pittsburgh.

On July 28th and July 29th, the city will be hosting its 3rd annual “Picklesburgh” celebration on the Rachel Carson Bridge.

And other than pickle vendors at this festival, there will also be competitions and even live entertainment playing as you roam around on the bridge.

In the past years, this free festival has brought out 75,000 people within the course of two days. And this year should be expecting the same amount or even more visitors.

About the Writer
Stephanie Kroll, Managing Editor, Opinions Editor

Stephanie is a senior at BPHS and took journalism for her fourth year because she likes to have her opinions and ideas shared. She wants everyone to read and know the truth even if they don’t want to hear it. She also took it because her favorite teacher is the one, the only, Mr. Allemang.

She is so passionate about journalism that she got accepted into this year’s Point Park apprenticeship program for journalistic writing and reporting to amp up her writing skills.

If you don’t find her plugging away on articles, you can possibly find her at home thinking of article ideas, attending a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game, a concert, or just having a good time with her friends.

Post high school, Stephanie wants to get a bachelor’s degree in journalism. Specifically environmental journalism. Her dream college is Point Park, but she would also be happy to attend California University of Pennsylvania.

Written By: Tyler Schultz, Staff Writer