• Visit Duck Donuts every Wed. throughout Oct. 20% of order goes to Class of 2020

• Follow us on Instagram @hawkeyebphs

• See your msg here! Free for a limited time! Email [email protected]

World Wednesday: Ways to lessen Global Warming

Stephanie Kroll, Staff Writer

Global warming is a term meaning “a gradual increase in the average temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere and its oceans, a change that is believed to be permanently changing the Earth’s climate.”

Though some people do not believe in global warming, they can not speculate that there has been a drastic change in temperature within the past year. And this off-beat weather can cause changes in the future.

Within the past year, the world has been the hottest it’s ever been because of the impact of certain human activities.

Some global warming causing activities include burning fossil fuels and just not being respectful of the earth in which we live in.

But it is not the end of the world, that is, unless people start caring about the environment.

Some ways people could easily start helping the planet and even their community is by accomplishing the little things.

If someone recycles, plants trees, unplugs any electronic device that they are not using, travels the speed limit, conserves more water, and tries to carpool in a situation, if possible, it can make a difference on the global status of the world.

And if everyone takes part in at least one of those activities, the world could possibly change and be less polluted, which makes the impact of global warming lessen with time.