Student Voices: Daylight Saving Time

Daylight Saving Time is the practice of setting the clocks forward one hour from standard time during the spring months, and back again in the fall, in order to make better use of natural daylight. On Sunday, March 12 at 2 a.m., the clocks were all set forward, causing people to lose an hour of sleep. Now let’s see what the students of BPHS have to say about this:

“I am a little upset because I lost an hour of sleep, but on the bright side it is still bright at night hehe,” said junior Kara Brunner.

“I still haven’t caught up on my sleep, so I’m not much of a fan, but in 6 months I will be,” said senior Bridget Heh.

“Although I was a little tired, I love having some extra light at night. I am much more productive when it is light out. I have a black dog, so in the black night it is a little hard to find her. She comes sprinting in and she looks like a panther, I get a little scared, so it being light at night will really help my fear,” said junior Haley Radcliffe.

“I hate that I lost some of my beauty rest, it sucks because I already have to wake up early to braid my hair every morning,” said senior Shawn.

“I love daylight savings because I am scared of the dark,” said senior Yulduz Mamedova.

“I’m just not use to it yet. I’m super tired in the morning, then I’m up all night. It’s just a pain,” said junior Adam Kusluch.

“I’m no farmer,” said junior Avery Hill.

“My sister woke up so late on Sunday that she slept right through church!” said senior Alex Kean.

“I’m the kind of person who doesn’t know how to switch the clock in my car so half the year the time is correct and the other half the year the time is an hour off. It’s that time of the year again,” said senior Morgan Gleockl.

How do you feel about Daylight Saving Time?  Feel free to add your feelings to the comments.