Lady Hawks fight way to victory in seesaw match

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Lady Hawks share the field with the Highlanders on Monday, Sept. 23, which was also Senior Night. The Lady Hawks won that game 9-1.

Liam Fink

Liam Fink

Liam Fink

Katherine Krol-Schaus, Girls Soccer Correspondent

On Monday night, the varsity girls soccer team beat section rival Mt. Lebanon 4-3 in an overtime match. This was the second time this season the Lady Hawks beat the Lady Blue Devils.

Sophomore Lily Gaston, the game hero, yet again, earned a brace. In overtime, Lily booted the golden goal past the formidable Mt. Lebanon goalie, securing the win.

Junior Olivia Schram earned one goal and one assist. Junior Teagan Mehalko added to her goal tally. One of the Bethel Park senior captains, Megan Mathias, and junior Lanie Kauric also notched assists.

A shoutout to freshman Marena Chernicky on her impressive performance, helping the Hawks hold their defensive line.

Bethel lost 2-0 to Upper St. Clair two days later. Their next game is against Canon Mac on Monday, Oct. 7 at 7:30 p.m. at home. They’ll look to avenge their loss to the Big Macs earlier in the season. JV plays at 6 p.m.